2020 Opening of School
We hope that you are having a great summer! Your ACS team has been working diligently for several weeks in order to formulate a plan for reopening this August and welcoming all of our students back to campus. Our intention is to resume normal on-campus operations on August 5 and we are optimistic that we can continue that throughout the school year. With much uncertainty still remaining with the Coronavirus outbreak we know that things will look different in how we operate and we have defined those in the documents below. Additionally, we will modify orientation and other programs on an as needed basis.
With input from teachers, students and parents, we have modified the Remote Learning Plans to be more standardized and capture the best practices that we saw during the last few months of the 2019-2020 school year. Though we do not want or expect to resort to this method of instruction, we want to be prepared to offer high quality instruction and maintain what you expect from Augusta Christian Schools no matter what model we are operating under.
I recently asked the question "why partner with Augusta Christian during these uncertain times" and these are some of the responses I received:
1. Our foundation is in Jesus Christ and under His authority we will do what is best for our students, families and staff at all times.
2. Our 1-1 Apple program gives us a leg up with technology and remote learning.
3. Our teachers will "teach" regardless of being in the classroom or remote. We will not rely on other methods under varying learning models except to enhance the teacher's efforts.
4. Our teachers will be available and build in time for one-on-one review each week.
5. Our teachers are state certified and know how to prepare our students for college and career readiness. In turn, colleges appreciate our accredited system of standards and expectations.
6. We will continue to teach and assess, and not drop our standards to the detriment of our student's education.
7. We have learned from our experiences these past few months and put together a well thought out plan.
As always, we thank you for partnering with Augusta Christian
Prayers and blessings,
Head of Schools